- What's Happening
- The Community Statement re Royal Commission Case 50.
- Media Release - New Norcia a recipient of Wheatbelt Community Chest Funding
- The Benedictine Institute Programme 2017
- Top travel site Expedia names New Norcia as a must go destination
- 2017 Friends Special Project Announced
- The Chimes Magazine November 2016
- Christmas at New Norcia
- Media Release - Museum Gift shop wins a Tourism WA/ Royalties for Regions Grant
- New Norcia Studies Journal 23 Launch
- New Norcia Art Gallery Exhibition " Important Conversations"
- Media Release - Wheat belt Development Commission Community Chest Funding Grant
- The 2017 New Norcia Calendar is now for sale !!
- New Norcia Writers Festival 2016
- NEW NORCIA WINE BOTTLING, LAUNCH OF ROSE
- The monks of New Norcia perform Cantos from Dante's "The Divine Comedy"
- August Edition of the Chimes Magazine
- New Norcia Library Lecture Day. October 14th 2016.
- New Norcia Museum and Art Gallery
- New Norcia Writers Festival - Saturday 13th August 2016
- New - Guesthouse Benedictine Experience Weeekends
- New Norcia Journal Launch - The Palms Subiaco
- New Norcia WINS Community Heritage Grant
- 2016 New Norcia Institute of Benedictine Studies and Benedictine Experience weekends retreat programme announced.
- Volunteer Needed - Orchard Maintenance.
- The Chimes Magazine October 2015
- New Norcia Studies Journal Launch
- New Norcia Hotel Events October and November 2016
- New Norcia Olive oil wins Silver medal.
- Abbot Placid Spearritt Scholars for 2016 are announced.
- 2016 New Norcia Wildflower Calendar
- Abbot Placid Memorial Scholarship for 2016
- Salvado and Mann for electorates.
- The June edition of the Chimes Magazine
- New Norcia Studies Day, an Update
- New Norcia on Facebook!
- Benedictine Institute Reading Weekend - Faithfully together as one body of Christ 19th -21st June 2015
- Museum News - New Tour and Tapas Trail
- The Chimes Magazine - April 2015
- Transport Minister Dean Nalder formally announces New Norcia Bypass.
- Her Excellency, the Honorable Kerry Sandersons's Visit to New Norcia.
- Easter at New Norcia 2015
- Melissa Price wins funds for the Great Northern Highway
- The Chimes Magazine - February 2015
- New Norcia Hotel launches a new menu
- The Pig - Keeper's Cottage (Guesthouse Hermitage)
- New Norcia Abbey Press Book Launch - The Palms in Subiaco
- 2015 Retreat Brochures
- The Premier, Mr Colin Barnett MLA, visits New Norcia
- The Chimes Magazine - December Edition 2014
- Christmas Week Timetable
- Ways of Telling Symposium
- State Library hosts Salvado exhibition
- October Chimes 2014
- Descendants of Rosendo Salvado's compatriots gather in New Norcia for reunion
- SBS News Story - Pilgrims retrace the steps of Rosendo Salvado
- Job Vacancies at New Norcia
- 2014 New Norcia Friends Magazine
- Ways of Telling - Symposium
- Bishop Max Davis - Community Statement
- Special tour profiles Salvado's relationship with the Yued people
- In Search of Salvado bicentenary exhibition special guided tours
- Anglican Diocese of Perth remembers St Benedict and Rosendo Salvado
- Rosendo Salvado's life commemorated in Spain
- "See Subi on Sunday" 9th November 2014
- New Norcia Studies Day 2014
- New Norcia Olive Oil
- Archives Milestone!
- Pilgrimage for the Bicentenary of the Birth of Bishop Rosendo Salvado
- Guesthouse Retreat -Praying the Easter Triduum
- New Norcia's hands on approach to teaching Aboriginal Arts
- Federal member reports on the 2014 Salvado Bicentenary Year
- Salvado Bicentenary Exhibition launched
- Ecumenical Vespers
- Holy Cross School - Pilgrimage to mark Bishop Rosendo Salvados Bicentennial year.
- 2014 Salvado Bicentenary Year
- December Chimes 2013
- Abbot Placid Memorial Scholarship - 2014 recipients.
- Retreat and Spirituality Programmes for 2014
- New Norcia Studies 21 Launch
- 300 year old vestment returned to monks of New Norcia
- New Norcia Hotel hosts local musician
- New Exhibition at the Art Gallery
- 2013 Spirituality Program
- Copland Foundation Conservation Grant
- Web Shop NOW OPEN
- The Chimes December edition 2012
- 2013 Calendar of Events
- Join us on Facebook
- Art Gallery -The Sacred in 3D
- The Chimes - October 2012
- Australian Country Magazine Article Nov/Dec 2012
- New Norcia Olive Oil wins again!
- SBS Feast Magazine article October 2012
- New Norcia Network September 2012
- The Chimes - August 2012
- Friends of New Norcia Magazine 2012
- Calendar of Events
2014 Salvado Bicentenary Year
Friday - 17 January 2014
Commemorating the inspiring life of
Rosendo Salvado - missionary and advocate for Aboriginal people, abbot, bishop, educator, landholder and a major figure in the history of Western Australia.
Throughout 2014, the monks are planning to commemorate the bicentenary of the birth of their founder, Dom Rosendo Salvado.
The bicentenary year will provide a wonderful opportunity to encourage a range of voices and a variety of perspectives, especially those of Aboriginal people, who also wish to commemorate this important milestone.
A program of events is being developed, focussing on the man, his work and his legacy. Planning so far includes a major exhibition at the New Norcia Museum and Art Gallery, Ecumenical Vespers to be held at St Mary’s Cathedral, a ‘Salvado’ display at the WA Museum and a symposium and photographic exhibition at the State Library featuring rare photographs taken in the Salvado era.
Drawing heavily on the most recent research in the New Norcia Archives, the monks hope that in addition to the important opportunity to share Salvado’s story and to hear new perspectives, the bicentenary activities will also provide for the conservation of significant artefacts relating to him; to the provision of new methodologies for the reinterpretation of the existing Salvado era display at the New Norcia Museum; and to an improved understanding of, and access to, the Salvado era photographic collection in the New Norcia Archives.
For more information on the bicentenary, please email Michelle Ebbs, 2014 Salvado Bicentenary Project Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lucy Nicholson, BCNN Communications Officer - (08) 96 548018.
Save the Date - Ecumenical Vespers at St Mary’s Cathedral
The first public event is Ecumenical Vespers which, in addition to the monastic practice of chanting Thanksgiving Psalms, will also feature storytelling and the music of eminent Australian composer,
Please consider including this date in your 2014 calendar.
Date: Tuesday, 4th March, 2014
Location: St Mary's Cathedral, Victoria Square, Perth
For more information please call (08) 96548018 or email email@example.com